gastric sleeve / 3 posts found

The Gastric Sleeve Diet to be taken by Patients Before and After Surgery

Comments are off for this post.
The pre-op and post-op diet of gastric sleeve surgery is very important for successful treatment of obesity. It has become very common in developed countries. Either you have to exercise or have control on diet, to have the right weight proportions. Sleeve gastrectomy (a.k.a) is a safe choice for patients seeking weight reduction with very less complications. Many health insurance companies like United Healthcare have added gastric sleeve surgery to their list of covered surgeries for weight loss. In a span of 4 years, gastric sleeve has become the quickest growing bariatric surgery procedure. What is the Purpose of Pre-Surgery […]

No Worries for Gastric Sleeve if you want to become Pregnant

Comments are off for this post.
Gastric Sleeve is a weight-reduction procedure through surgery. Positive influence is observed on pregnancy. In a study conducted, 70% of obese patients could release a ripened egg after the treatment. The other 30% failed because, they reduced less weight than expected. This operation can be done by making large or small incisions (laparoscopy). The stomach will become like the shape of a banana after this procedure is completed. You will feel less hunger after the op is complete, than before. This is because, the stomach is reduced by 25% of its original size. The cost of gastric sleeve surgery can […]

Gastric Sleeve and Acid Reflux – Things to be Aware of before Surgery

Comments are off for this post.
Surgery done to reduce the stomach by 25% of its original size is called Gastric Sleeve. This is a surgical weight-loss procedure. The surgery includes removal of a large portion of the stomach along the greater curvature. The end result is a sleeve or tube like structure. Acid reflux is a condition in which the acidic gastric fluid rushes back into the esophagus, causing heartburn. There is a valve at the entrance of the stomach called the lower esophageal sphincter (LES).     Generally, the LES closes when food completely passes through it. But when it opens frequently or doesn’t […]